Thursday, February 11, 2010

FUG frame to Fabulous Fabric Headboard

I looked and looked and looked for the perfect material to make a headboard from. I bought pegboard ... a single window shutter ... and who knows what else. One day I stopped in my favorite thrift store and felt like something was pulling me to the back of the store. And what to my wondering eyes should I see? Why this FUGtastic picture, that's what.


I just knew I could make it work. And make it work I did! I took this beauty apart and grabbed some duckcloth fabric I'd bought at good old Wal-Mart in the leftover bin. It just happened to match the bedding my sister bought me for Christmas. Score! So, off to Wally World I went to buy some quilter's batting, a staple gun and I dragged my pegboard out. After spraypainting the frame with Rustoleum Painter's Touch Primer & Satin Expresso 2X Ultra Cover my little helper and I set out to work and here's what we got. Forgive the crappy cell pics. My camera was dead and I've been too lazy to take new pics.






2 comments:

  1. What a creative idea! And it turned out perfect! I love the table too! Great job!

    I'm your fist follower! :)

    I look forward to seeing more! Welcome to blogging!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete